Humans and other living beings are not the only creatures on the earth that need protection from cold. Our phones are needed to be covered as well because they are also affected by temperature change just like humans. Well, there are scientific and technical reasons for both cases. According to technicians, if a phone is exposed to extremely cold temperatures, then it may cause touch screen sensitivity issues, battery life issues or may switch off automatically.
Impact of cold temperatures on the phone?
In the present era, most of the smartphones and simple feature phones are built to operate between a certain temperature change. This is usually 0⁰ Celsius to 45⁰ Celsius. If the temperature crosses these limits, either up or down, the phone starts having problems. This primarily happens due to the batteries inside the phone. Nowadays, all phones come up with a Lithium-ion battery. The battery stores energy while charging and discharges the current when we use our phones.
The electrical charge or energy is stored and discharged because of the chemical reactions taking place inside the battery. When our phones are exposed to cold temperatures the rate of reaction decreases and sometimes the reactions stop to take place. Thus, it seems like the batteries have discharged sooner and are getting charged very slow.
Well, the impact of cold on phones is short. When the batteries or phones are warmed up, they attain their operating temperature range and starts working properly.
Tips to avoid the impact of cold on your phone:
While in frigid weather, you can follow the tips below to avoid the impact of cold:
- You may keep your phone in your bag or purse so that it stays warm.
- In case, you have no bag or purse, you can keep it in your pocket or jacket. The body heat will keep it warm, suitably at its operating temperature.
- You may also use a thermal mobile case which will insulate the heat movement.
- You may switch off your phone if you are going to stay in an extremely cold environment.
- Do not leave it in your car for a long span of time.
What to do when your phone is affected by cold?
If your phone or the battery is affected by cold and is switched off, then you can do the following things:
- Heat it for a very few seconds with hair dryer or blower. Do it in a gap of 30 seconds and blow the hot air on your phone’s backside for 5 to 10 seconds only.
- Keep it in front of a heater or a furnace for a while and let it warm up.
- Keep it with your body while in bed under a blanket.
Gadset Can Help You:
Sometimes, these temporary issues cause some permanent damage to your phone. Gadset provides online mobile repair advice which can help you recover your phone’s condition. You may also learn the mobile repairing skills and techniques through its worthy and popular mobile repair course.